Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 14, 2014 - Lilburn

Thank you so much for your thoughts on obedience and coming unto Christ, that was really interesting!! I love the analogy! Sorry you didn't get an email yesterday, our P-Day this week was moved to Tuesday because of the holiday, so just a heads up...whenever there is a holiday, P-Day will be on Tuesday. Sorry, again, about that!! This week, like usual, has been chalk-full of miracles, but before I get onto the miracles I have to apologize for writing such small emails each week. I'm not very good at writing (2 Nephi 33:1) nor am I very good at remembering sometimes, but thankfully the Lord has promised to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Also I decided it would be easier to remember what's happened if I take my journal with me when I write haha. :)

Last Friday a ward member asked my companion and I to help her set up a tent/booth for a craft fair. We happily accepted and as we were serving her we noticed there were a lot of other people that needed help. As soon as we had finished up with her we were able to go to the people in charge of the fair and offer our services. They were surprised that we would want to help but loved that we were willing and so they put us to work. We worked with many people, some of whom that really needed assistance. Such as one woman who has asthma and an injured ankle. She had expected help from her friends only to find that they didn't show up, leaving her with a very big task at hand. Or another woman who had a very large load to carry and not many people to help her, and each time everyone was surprised at first that we would help but very grateful in the end. It felt so good to serve other people and to be there for them when others had fallen through. I know that we were softening hearts. By the end of our service the people in charge of the fair were very thankful and as we were talking with them we discovered that they had a lot more work to do the next morning. We offered to come the next morning and they heartily accepted. The next morning we served just as many people as the day before, if not more, and by the end of our service everyone gave us great big hugs and told us that we were angels and answers to their prayers. I know our Father in Heaven is very happy when we serve our brothers and sisters.

I also know that when we do our Father in Heaven's will we will be blessed in abundance. The same day we helped the people at the fair in the morning we went to go see two potential investigators that we had tracted into a little while ago. As my companion and I walked up to their apartment complex we were surprised to see one of our other potential investigators standing outside her apartment with her elderly mother. They were taking a break from cleaning their home when we walked up to them. At first we were talking to them about life, kind of digging for more information on their beliefs and so forth and we discovered a lot of really helpful things about them. As we continued to talk, they both opened up to us more and the elderly mother told us that every night she asks God why bad things have to happen and honestly I kind of got a little excited because I knew that we had the answer. We talked to her about the Plan of Happiness and she listened very intently. By the end of our visit both women wanted us to meet with them again. The incredible fact is that both of them are Catholic New York-ers and according to my companion Catholic New York-ers are never that open to learning about other religions. I know that Heavenly Father put us in her path so that we could answer her question. Heavenly Father loves all of His children and I know that because I witness it every day. 

 I love ya'll sooooooooooooo much-ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful week!!!!!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Rice

Fun Fact(s) about Georgia: 
1) There are usually only one sidewalk on a road - so in other words one side of a road has a sidewalk and the other doesn't hahaha it's weird :)

No comments:

Post a Comment