Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 8, 2014 - Last of Lilburn

 So here's some exciting news...1. Our Ward was split!! 2. Transfers is this Wednesday and 3. I'm being transfered to Marietta East Stake, Big Shanty YSA Branch!! This means that I will be on Kennesaw State University everyday!!...dun dun dunn. Who would've thought that I would be a YSA Sister Missionary! It's a little crazy, but I'm excited for this new adventure!     
     I am so grateful for the time I've had with my companion this transfer. She has meant so much to me and I know that she is going to continue to do great things as she comes to the close of her mission. I'm really excited for this new chapter in my mission life and am so grateful that the Lord knows me and that He has a plan because that is something I can always trust in. 
     This past week we've had great progress with one of our investigator's, L. When we met with her at the beginning of this week we shared Helaman 5:12 with her. When she read it she started to cry. Eventually she said, "How can people not see this Book is from God?" She has gone through so much and lost so much for the sake of what she now knows that when I think about her I'm given strength. 
     What have I had to give up for this truth, for this knowledge? I am so grateful and thankful to have been born into this Gospel; to have had this knowledge from such a young age. I will never forget what one of our investigators, who struggles with a smoking addiction, said to us. She said, "Why didn't I ever hear about Joseph Smith before? Why didn't anyone ever tell me? Why didn't I get the chance when I was young? I could've avoided some of these challenges if I had known what you've known your whole life." 
     This Gospel is a blessing. This knowledge we have is a gift. How can I not share it with my brothers and sisters? How can I keep it from them? How can I not give up a year and a half for them? Well I can't. Plain and simple. I love them too much, to keep it from them. I know I'm being bold, but that's what this Gospel is; bold. Boldness is given with love, overbearing is not.
     This Christmas season I want to remember. I want to remember the gift that this Gospel is, I want to remember the love that was our Savior's character, and I want to be like Him not just for a season but for a lifetime.
     I hope ya'll have a wonderful week!! Remember I love ya'll sooooo much-oooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment