Sunday, December 21, 2014

December 15, 2014 - Kennesaw

      First off, let me just say that I love serving here in the Big Shanty YSA, it's wonderful! My companion is a great example to me and I really respect her. It's fun being able to relate to someone who has served for the same time as I have. The people here are so nice too! Of course, that's not to say that the people in my first area weren't nice it was just a different kind of nice. This past week we've taught a lot of people, and gone contacting, and I love it! One of the best miracles of this week was probably when one of our investigators, J, called us last night. 
     When we taught J a couple days before Sunday we left him with a commitment to come to Church with a question, which he accepted. When Sunday rolled around we were excited to see that he was at Church and knew that when he called us afterwards the phone call was going to be either sad or really good. The first thing he said when we talked with him was, "I did what you said and I didn't really get an answer." Our hearts dropped. As we began to talk with him we all realized that he had received his answer, but that he didn't recognize it and by the end of our lesson with him he had made leaps and bounds. The Spirit was so strong and I am so grateful that I was able to witness another turning point for someone. It's so exciting to see the change and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for him. Please keep him in your prayers.
     I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and on a more personal level I know He's aware of me. I feel peace when I think about that. To think that there is someone who knows and loves me perfectly and that that someone knows all, from beginning to end, and has a plan specifically for me, it's such a relief and comfort. I know that if I trust in Him, it will always work out.
     This Christmas Season is such a special time. It's a time where the Spirit of Christ is all around us, and it's the one time that everyone on this Earth can feel it. An obvious outcome of His Spirit is the abundance of kindness, generosity, love, and hope that people give to one another. Could you imagine what the world would be like if everyone kept the Spirit of Christ in their lives? This Christmas Season I want to make Christmas last beyond the season, and I don't mean that I want wrapped gifts, and other "Christmas" things to last. I mean that I want to remember Him not just for a season, but for a life-time. Please help me in making the Christmas Season last by discovering Him, embracing Him, and sharing Him with our brothers and sisters. 
     Remember I ya'll soooooo much-ooooo!!!!! I hope ya'll have a wonderful week focused on Christ!! 

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment