Friday, October 23, 2015

October 19, 2015 - John's Creek

This week we've had a lot of really cool tender mercies and miracles. One of my favorite experiences occurred with a young girl about 8/9 years old. We were out and about in an apartment complex following up with potentials when this girl on her bike rode up to us. She started asking us all about who we are and etc. We talked about our purpose as missionaries and had a really good discussion about prophets. Then we stared talking about prayer and she stopped us and said, "Can you pray for my mom?" She then continued to express her love and concern for her mom and then proceeded to give us her Mom's phone number! We were both a bit surprised, to say the least. Haha. A couple days later, and I'll admit a little hesitant, we called her mom. To our surprise the call ended up going really well! She opened up to us a lot and said that we could come over and teach her whole family! Talk about a miracle!
This past Saturday was the Ward Halloween Party and while there I got to know one of the elderly men in our Ward pretty well. He really opened up and I'm here to say that his story is incredible. He has been less-active for over 50 years and just recently came back. I asked him, "What brought you back?" He said, "For over 50 years my home teachers and my wife's visiting teachers never stopped coming. When my wife passed away a year and a half ago they were the ones who helped. They were there for me and even provided the chapel for her funeral. I had never stepped into the chapel before then." Just recently he has gone to the Temple for his endowment and was sealed to his wife. When he shared his story with me it reminded me of a time on my mission when a less-active member we had tried for so long finally let us in. I will never forget when she turned to my companion and I, gave us both a big hug and then said, "Thank you for not giving up on me." I am so grateful for a loving and living Heavenly Father and Savior who never give up on me, no matter how close or far away I wander from the safety of His fold and I know that that is not unique to me. I know He lives. He understands. Perfectly. 
I love y'all sooooooooo much-oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Remember that y'all are always in my prayers and that I pray y'all have a blessed week!
Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice




Southern Country Scene 


Tee Hee :)


Sister B & me!


No comments:

Post a Comment