Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 26, 2015 - John's Creek

This week we went on exchanges and it was great! My companion stayed in our area with the Sister Training Leader and I went Spanish for a day with the Sister Training Leader's two companions. I always love going Spanish for a day because even though I can't understand what's being said I have more opportunity to listen to the Spirit and it's beautiful. One of the cool things about our exchanges is that we were in Alpharetta (my previous area) the whole day and we were able to teach the awesome/golden Hispanic people Sister C and I had referred over to the Spanish Sisters. 

I have to tell y'all about one of the miracles we witnessed on exchanges. While in Alpharetta we taught this incredibly prepared Hispanic family! The husband said that he wasn't religious anymore because he knew that there was more truth than what he was raised in and that the truth was more important than following a culture. He said it never made sense to him that God reached out to His children in the Middle East, but not in the ancient Americas. He said that he knew God loved all of His children, including his ancestors that lived on the American continents thousands of years ago. When we taught him about the Book of Mormon and bore testimony of it he said that it just made sense. He knew that he had to read it and come to church and he said that because we were so sincere and passionate about what we shared he could tell that he needed to know for himself that this is true. It was an awesome experience and the Spirit was so strong!

On Saturday, two days after exchanges, we taught J (from Brazil) again! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and when we asked her to pray to know if the Plan of Salvation is true she said that she would not...a few moments passed by and inside of my mind I was like..."Whaaaattttt?! But why?!!" and then she explained. She said, "Why would I pray when I already know that it's true?" She then went on to explain how she is a "sensitive person". She said that ever since she was little she has gotten feelings that help her know if things are good/true or if something is bad. She said that every time she meets with us she has only good feelings and she said that she knew it was not a coincidence that we had found her. She knew it was God that led us to her. It was awesome!! 

Dad, I love the thoughts that you shared with me from the fireside; such awesome visuals!! I always love the thoughts you share - on life, the gospel, and you name it - they mean so much to me!! :) 

Thank y'all for making my heart, "soar like an eagle" by being my Mom and Dad. I love y'all sooo much. :) So long ~ until next week. :)

I love y'all soooooooo much-oooooooooo!!!!!! Remember that y'all are always in my prayers.

Lots of Love (from your favorite Sister Missionary), 
Sister Megan Rice


Me & Sister B :)

No comments:

Post a Comment