Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 11, 2016 - John's Creek

This past week has been a great one and all of the greatness all kind of built up on Saturday and SundaySaturday morning we found out that one of the less-active members we visit was in the Hospital. We made sure to visit her that morning and we ended up having a really good lesson with her. For the first time she opened up to us about her concerns with Church and we had a really powerful lesson.....All I can say is that I am so grateful for the companionship of the Holy Ghost that can bring moments and experiences we've had back to our memory. After the Hospital we had a really great lunch at this cute little breakfast place called, "Egg Harbor Cafe" - it was sooo good!! One of the other cool things about that place was that one of the workers there introduced himself as one of the non-member cousins of a member in the Webb Bridge Ward! Which was kind of cool because I knew the Ward members he was talking about. :)
Although we weren't able to meet with our investigator, J, this week she came to Church on Sunday and she said that she wants to be baptized before I go home!! I was so happy when I heard that! Please, keep her in y'alls prayers along with V. :) Speaking of Church, sacrament meeting this Sunday was AH-mazing!! It was all about the Restoration, both literal and personal and the Spirit was so strong which was great because we had two investigators there, two less-active families, and three non-member husbands there! It was great! 
Saturday night we had dinner with an awesome less-active family who we've been meeting with for a while. For the longest time we've been trying to get them back to Church, but there have been a lot of concerns/feelings of guilt. Well they've wanted their 8 year old son to be baptized for a while now and they planned on having him baptized in Utah with their family during Christmas time, but he wasn't because they had to receive permission from our Bishop and the reason they didn't receive the "OK" for the baptism was because they haven't been coming to Church. So they had a really good conversation with the Bishop before they left and now we have an awesome plan set up by the Bishop and the family to help the family come back to Church, have the Priesthood restored to them, reunite their eternal relationships, and have the father baptize their son and it's brilliant! They'll come to Church every week for a month and we'll be teaching them the lessons every week! Well, Saturday night was our first lesson with them and the son was really struggling because he's shy and doesn't like to be put on the spot, but then the dad started teaching him and helping him! Although it wasn't necessarily a good lesson because the kid was having a hard time it turned out to be great because this was the first time we had seen the dad get involved in our meetings with them and he did a really good job teaching too! After the lesson, as we sat down for dinner the son warmed up to us and when we finished dinner the father really opened up to us for the first time. At one point he said, "It was so hard when I realized that I couldn't bless my own son when he was born and now I have an opportunity to baptize him. I never dreamed that this was possible."  There have been specific moments that I can remember on my mission when I have felt such an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for the blessings of the Priesthood in my family and in our home. This was one of those moments. One of the things I've gained on my mission has been a firm appreciation and love for the Priesthood. I've realized that I don't want my family to grow up in a home where they didn't have the blessings of the priesthood; blessings of healing, comfort, and protection. This Sunday when I saw this family at Church they were glowing. They were so happy to be back. I am so grateful for my mission because I've realized just how much of a precious gift the restored gospel of Jesus Christ is; to live in this day and age where we have the blessing of the fullness of His teachings and gospel. On my mission I have seen people in the darkest places turn to the greatest light; the Savior and Redeemer of all mankind. I have literally seen light enter into people's eyes and countenances and I have felt the testimonies of those who once were lost come back. To be apart of the Savior's restored Church in these last days is one of the greatest blessings to me. I love my Savior. I love His teachings and gospel. He is the way, the only way and through His teachings and His church each of us are given the necessary tools (His Atonementthe gift of His Spirit, continued revelation, binding power and authority, and so forth) to follow Him on the path back home. As members of the Lord's Church in these last days we do not earn our way into Heaven, we learn the way of heaven. I testify that He lives and leads this Church and I've come to know of these truths by His Spirit. I love y'all soooooooo much-oooooooo!!!!! Remember, y'all are always in my prayers.
Lots of Love (From Your Favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice



With the gang! 


Members!


Sister H!

No comments:

Post a Comment