Monday, January 25, 2016

January 25, 2016 - John's Creek

It snowed this week! It was really really cold too, but the past couple days it got warmer. Besides that I have a few updates on our investigators on date to be baptized. So V will not be getting baptized on the 30th because she has some Word of Wisdom concerns that we will be working on, but that's ok! J, our other investigator who really wants to be baptized has gotten really really sick and so we haven't been able to meet with her or discuss her baptism....so as of right now our investigators will be baptized sometime in the future. Haha :) 
When we went over this week to one of our investigator's house to paint she asked us a lot of great spiritual questions, but the highlight was when she said, "You want to know how God has been working on this house?" and then proceeded to tell us about one day when she walked into the house and found her son reading the Book of Mormon. Her son is not really into religion so when she saw him reading it she was shocked! She said, "Jesus has really been working on my son." Haha. Apparently after reading the Book of Mormon he had a lot of really good questions and what added to our joy was knowing that not only her son was reading the Book of Mormon, but that she has been reading it as well. God works in mysterious ways. When I think about this particular investigator and everything that she's been through I can't help but remember Alma 32:6, "And now when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word."
It's kind of weird having about a week left.... I feel at peace, knowing that everything is going to be ok and I'm excited because I know that there will be opportunities to continue to share the gospel and opportunities to experience new joy, and not to mention I get to see all of y'all! But it's weird, and kind of sad leaving. Either way I know that Heavenly Father loves me and has a plan for me. Sometimes moving on is hard. Sometimes fear can get in the way of a bright future,  and I've seen that happen with a lot of missionaries who go home, but I can testify that with the Spirit, fear/sorrow is replaced with peace and when we take a step forward on the path of our Savior there are opportunities to experience new and glorious light. I believe that that's what the Savior and His teachings, or the gospel, does for those who follow Him and live His gospel, it creates new hope.
I love y'all sooooooo much-ooooooo!!!!!!!! Remember that y'all are always in my prayers.
Lots of Love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),Sister Megan Rice



Love these ladies!


How cute!


Superheroes by night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment