Saturday, January 10, 2015

December 29, 2014 - Kennesaw

  It was so wonderful to see both of ya'll and to hear your voices. It warmed my heart and is one of my most treasured moments. Honestly, seeing your faces and hearing your voices truly made this Christmas very special; one that I won't forget. I love ya'll so much and am blessed to be a part of our family. Thank you for making my Christmas so special! 
     As our investigators come back from the Christmas Break we can't wait to teach and meet with them in person. I feel like I only caught a glimpse of the work on campus and I am really looking forward to when campus will be open and people will be back. 
     This past week was wonderful, although almost all of our investigators were gone for the Holidays we were able to make a lot of progress with a few of our investigators and had some wonderful blessings with less-actives. One of the blessings we had was texting the wrong member for our dinner appointment. It turns out that we had texted a less-active that neither of us really knew about. She had been hoping that we could meet with her but was scared to contact us because she didn't know us. When we visited with her, we discovered that she was very receptive and open. It's amazing how the Lord works. The experience we had reminds me of the story shared by Elder Bednar in a talk he gave. When Elder Bednar was a missionary serving in Germany he recalled a time when he gave a visiting apostle, Elder Packer, and his wife German money for a train back to Berlin. At the time Elder Bednar thought nothing of his small act, but what he didn't know is that his small act saved Elder Packer's wife from being forced to stay in Communist ruled Germany. You can read more about this story if you type in "The 20-Mark Note" in LDS.org. :)
     Our actions, no matter how small, determine destiny. I am so grateful we were able to be instruments in the Lord's hands at that time. I am so grateful to be a missionary, and it's my hope that I may always be an instrument in His hands. I hope you have a wonderful week, filled with peace and joy. Remember I love ya'll soooooooooooooo much-oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment