Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 12, 2015 - Kennesaw

It really warms my heart, receiving your emails each week. I love ya'll so much. I really do. It's so good to see Jess! She looks sooo good! Let her know that I miss that beautiful face of hers so much!! <3 I'm glad to know that everyone is doing well and that you're staying busy! I hope the weather will be good for ya'll soon so that it won't be as painful for mom. Also, I'm so glad that you saw "Meet the Mormons", that's the coolest that the Church is playing it at the Visitor's Center in Salt Lake! I hope a lot of people will see it. As for the scripture your thoughts in its application to me you sent - thank you so much! If you only knew how much it means to me. :) 

Scripture: Ether 12:37 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto me: If they have not charity it mattereth not unto thee, thou hast been faithful; wherefore, thy garments shall be made clean. And because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong, even unto the sitting down in the place which I have prepared in the mansions of my Father.

     Overall this past week has been great, now that the students are back, we've been teaching up a storm and contacting a ton! It honestly feels great to be busy. :) Though, what I really want to tell you about is our miracle from yesterday. After Church on Sunday my companion and I met up with one of our investigators, A, before the CES Fireside last night. To give a quick summary of Andrew he is kind and yet sarcastic. He cares and yet he doesn't. He knows the Church is true but he struggles a lot because sometimes he forgets the good, and well I don't blame him because frankly his life is not and has not been easy.
    Recently he realized that he doesn't know the basics of the Gospel as well as he would like to, so my companion and I decided to review the lessons starting at the beginning with Lesson 1. We had this great idea to have a role play of sorts at the end of our lesson - one of us would be "the investigator", the other a "member present" and A would be "the missionary". We were really excited about it and couldn't wait to begin!
     When we finally met with A we began by talking about God, who He is, and why we're so important to Him and so far it was going well. Then we began to talk about A's relationship with God, not realizing that we had just opened up a big can of worms.... Our conversation that was once easy-going and pleasant turned into a heated discussion with a lot of sorrow, on our part. It wasn't easy and by the end I honestly didn't know what to do so we did what we were planning on; we prayed and walked over to the devotional. What happened next changed the feeling of that night. 
     We watched the devotional given by Brother Randall L. Ridd and literally everything he spoke about was what we had discussed with A. To give an example of how cool this was, we had talked about the time when Jesus washed the feet of the disciples and in the devotional a clip was played of Jesus washing the feet of the disciples. That's just one example... literally the whole talk was that way!! It was truly incredible. Even with A's adhd, he payed close attention the entire time. The entire time. That talk was meant for A. When the devotional was over A said he had a lot to think about and wanted to meet up today, which is a super good sign.
     I am so grateful that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. I'm grateful for the knowledge that we are His literal children. He loves everyone, no matter who they are and I am grateful to share this joyful message with all. He lives. I know it. 
     I love ya'll sooooooooooo much-ooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Remember that. Also remember that ya'll are always in my prayers. Ya'll are the best! I hope ya'll have a wonderful week!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment