Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 20, 2015 - Kennesaw

  Thank you for sharing the lesson you gave in the Elder's Quorum. As a missionary I've given a lot of thought on flames and the kind of burn that we can have and I love your insight on the kinds of flames we can be. It makes me want to study it even more.
     Overall last week was a good week for us. We put one of our investigators on date and got two new investigators. The only downside was when we found out one of our top investigators was sent back to jail. He had apparently missed one of his deadlines and had to go back. When we visited him he seemed to be doing well, considering the circumstances, and one of the first things he said to us was, "When I get out I'm getting baptized". It's hard to explain how comforting that was to hear. I have trust that the Lord knows what He's doing, or in other words, I know He has a plan and I trust that He will provide a way.
     The only other surprise, besides the jail incident, was finding out that my companion would be staying another transfer. We were both very surprised and happy. I'm grateful that we get to be companions for another transfer and I can't wait to see what awaits us. We have great goals for this transfer and I believe that we can and will accomplish them, because with the Lord's help anything is possible.
     This week I have been reminded of how much our Heavenly Father cares for us individually. He hears every prayer and He answers them. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I've come to know even more that Heavenly Father has a plan and that when we trust in His timing everything will work out. It's a lot easier said than done, to trust in His plan that is, but I know the times when I have trusted in His plan I've been a lot happier. God is our Heavenly Father. Jesus Christ is our Savior. And the joyful message I share with all is this; that they love you.
     I love ya'll sooooooooooo much-ooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Remember that ya'll are always in my prayers. I hope that this week brings you opportunities for service. So long for now ~
Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment