Friday, September 25, 2015

September 21, 2014 - Web Bridge

This morning we went hiking with all of the Sister Missionaries in our Zone and it was absolutely beautiful! It's starting to get cooler...thank goodness!! I'll be sending home packages soon either today (if I have time) or next Monday. Thank you for the love you send - it makes my heart soar (like an eagle). :) This week we were blessed with 1. Absolutely beautiful mornings 2. Opportunities to share testimony and 3. The moments of peace that come with revelation and confirmation from the Spirit. :)

This week we've seen many tender mercies/miracles. Saturday morning our appointments fell through and our back-up plans ended up going by much quicker than we had planned, so we had a huge chunk of time open up. My companion and I decided to be a little creative and instead of tracting we decided to go contacting on the greenway. (The greenways are long cemented trail ways for bikers, runners, and walkers and they are all over Northern Georgia.) Before we left the car we prayed that Heavenly Father would lead us by the Spirit so that we could be His hands and witness miracles. 

As we walked through the greenway we decided that we would talk with everyone that we could and we did. After about 15 minutes we found a recent convert family from our Ward. We noticed that they were on the side of the trail way and that the Wife/Mother wasn't doing so well (and we know that she has some health issues, so we were a little concerned). After talking with them for a little while we were able to pray for and with them and shortly after they were able to get back up and continue biking. As we continued to walk and talk with people we gave a pass along card to a lady and her son. It turns out that the lady and her son are members of the church. They had just moved to Alpharetta and were wanting to know the time and location of the Wards in our area and we were able to help them with that. :) 

Towards the end of our time on the greenway the flow of people began to slow down and in the distance we saw a young woman in the walking towards our direction on he opposite of the path. And we both knew that we absolutely had to talk with her. As we got closer we noticed that she had headphones in and was looking down at her phone. When we were almost next to her she stopped before we could, took out her headphones and looked at us straight in the eyes. Then surprised she said, "Oh! Missionaries! Perfect timing." As we talked we found out that she's one of the young women in our Ward and that she was about to talk to a friend about the Gospel. She asked us for a pass-along card with our information on it and then off she went. We gave her the last pass-along card. Reflecting on that morning I remember how good it felt to be Heavenly Father's hands. 

I want to share one more miracle before I end. This past week we finally got in with a very less-active family...twice! The second time we met with them I was kind of bold with them and invited their family to take the sacrament. After we left I remember feeling kind of sad, because sometimes it's hard to share things that may open up wounds for other people and  I remember thinking, "I hope I didn't push them away from coming to Church", but at the same time I knew that I had a message to deliver and that I had to bear testimony of the blessings that come from living the gospel of Jesus Christ. Well Sunday rolled around and I thought I didn't see anyone that we had invited at sacrament. When sacrament meeting ended, however, I saw them; the less-active family. This particular family hadn't been back to church for years and they ended up staying the whole three hours! I couldn't believe it! I was so happy and what made my joy even better was seeing the smiles on their faces! I know they felt the renewed strength of the Spirit.

This week we didn't have the success that some missionaries think is success, but we brought a whole family back to church, were lead by the Spirit to help Heavenly Fathers children, and felt the joy and peace that comes from living the gospel joyfully and to me those are some of the greatest successes in His work. I know that God loves His children. Each child. This is His glorious work and I won't quit till I know that I have done all that the Father would have me do to bless His children here in Georgia. 

Remember that I love y'all sooooooo much-oooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Y'all are always in my prayers. I pray y'all have a blessed week. :)

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice 

No comments:

Post a Comment