Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 5 - Lilburn

A few "fun facts" about Georgia:
1) Drivers are terrible here haha.
2) Krogers (grocery store) has THE best ice-cream - seriously though...sooo good!
3) Never ever sit on the grass, walk in the tall grass, or go in the forests there are all sorts of critters that can harm you such as poisonous snakes and ticks
4) Lilburn is a mix of Oregon, a little bit of California, and I don't know what else but there are all sorts of trees and it's pretty awesome.
5) A lot of people call coke soda so sometimes it gets a little confusing haha.

anddd.....I can't think of any other "fun facts" at the moment but get ready for some more next week! :)

Ok so I thought I might share some (or one) of the miracles my companion and I have experienced while on the mission. You already know that E is one of our investigators but I don't know if I've told you the whole story. When I got out here on my mission my companion and I were at a "plateau", or in other words we weren't teaching anyone and couldn't find any new investigators. It was hard, especially for my companion. About the second or fourth day I had been out here in Georgia we had gone tracting, or knocking on doors, for a majority of the day and the other part was spent trying to find someone to teach because all of our plans had fallen through and nothing was working. It was about 8 o'clock in the evening and we decided instead of giving up we would try tracting one more time so we said a quick prayer and off we went. 

The first door we knocked on, E opens the door and we just start talking and by the end of our conversation she says that she wants to meet with us again. We found out later that different missionaries from other churches came around her neighborhood a lot. When they would stop by her home she would be friendly but she never invited them in or wanted to meet with them again to discuss more, but when she meet us she said there was something different about us. She could tell that we were sincere and really meant what we were saying. Ever since then, we've met with her and she has just gobbled up everything we've had to teach her. She is incredible. 

Skip past a few weeks...She loves coming to church and has made a lot of friends. She is progressing so well and I would like to ask ya'll to please keep her in your prayers everyday. 

Well my time is about up so I'll just say this....I love ya'll soooooooooooooooooooo incredibly much-oooo!!!!!!! Thank you for your support and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister (Megan) Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment