Sunday, April 5, 2015

February 16, 2015 - Kennesaw

 I'm so glad that you received my Valentine on Valentine's Day! I was really hoping that you would! Isn't it funny how busy life can become?! It makes me realize that work, if managed properly and given balance, really does make us happy. Balance is the key to everything. I will never forget the wisdom Mom gave me when she said, "If I could give you a treasure box full of answers for this life, inside the box would be 'balance'." This wisdom has helped me a lot, not only on my mission, but in my life and while I've been on my mission I've come to appreciate more fully how much balance matters to our Father in Heaven. In everything that we do he is always trying to make us balanced. I think that's another reason why we are given periods of testing. Those periods of time are the moments Heavenly Father is adding weight to our scales. Sometimes it may seem like the amount of weight that He wants to add shouldn't be placed on our scale but if we wait and watch the scale becomes steady and the weight evens out to become perfectly balanced. I know that God has a plan and I know that if we do as Psalms 46:10 directs to, "Be still and know that I am God...." we will be filled with the peace and joy that is not of this world, but the peace and joy that comes from our Savior. We will be given the ability to hold on as we trust in the Lord's plan, putting faith and hope in the knowledge that His promises will be fulfilled and that everything will work out. 
     This past week, two of our investigators said that they didn't want to be baptized anymore. It wasn't easy and at times it was very heartbreaking, because no matter how many times you may hear someone say that they have decided to "walk a different path", the reaction is still the same; there will always be sorrow. But I am grateful for that sorrow because it stems from one reason; love and love is powerful. It is the greatest motivator. Love is what motivates us to make other people smile, love is what motivated our Father in Heaven to send His son, and it is love that motivated even the greatest sacrifice of all; that of our Savior's. 
     Love is the "why" of missionary work and it is why I won't give up on these people, because I want to see my brothers and sisters again someday, standing side by side with my Father in Heaven. I am grateful to be in the service of my Father in Heaven and I am so incredibly grateful that we were able to baptize one of God's choice sons this past Saturday and that we will have the opportunity to baptize another one this upcoming Friday. It is an honor to be a part of this work, His work, and I wouldn't trade these experiences and opportunities for anything in the world.  
     I love ya'll sooooooooo much-oooooooooo!!!! Remember that I am always praying for ya'll. Hope ya'll have a blessed week!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment