Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 9, 2015 - Kennesaw

March 9, 2015 - Kennesaw

So some pretty crazy things happened the end of last transfer and the beginning of this new one...
1. The last day of transfers, Tuesday March 3, one of our bike Elders got hit by a car...going 35-40mph!!! The car window was smashed & the rear view mirror broken off. The Elder flew about 12 feet, rolled a few times, and came out with no broken bones and a few lacerations!!!!! Can you believe it?!! Talk about a MIRACLE!
2. I didn't get your package... D: super sad!!
3. I got food poisoning which turned into the flu.... it is no bueno.....but I'm getting better. All I have to say is...mom...thank you so much for raising me right and teaching me to drink water and gatorade, a long with other things, when I'm sick. The nurse was impressed. ;) (I'll have to get some watercress now!)
4. This past Sunday I met Josh Kohl one of the members of a touring acapella group called, "Fading Point" from SVU...he was an Elder from our ward back home in California for 9 months back in 2012!! Can you believe it?!!!! We talked about so much = SUPER FUN!!
5. This past Wednesday I got a new companion, Sister Stenquist. She is super spunky, fun, and motivated. It's going to be an awesome transfer. :)
     Anywho, I'm sorry it's taking so long to send the pics of our apartment! At first I thought, "I'll just take pictures of the apartment with no one in them" then I realized how boring that is....so now we have to get the apartment ready and take some more pics. But I will get them to you soon! 
I met another distant cousin on the same Foote line at Bishop's Storehouse!!!! His name is Warren Foote after our anscestor!!!! It was super epic!! Next Bishop's Storehouse we're going over my pedigree chart. :)
 I'm so glad that the talks y'all gave went well and am really appreciative for the insight. I would most definitely love copies of the talks. :) Thank you again for your uplifting emails, support, and love. I love y'all sooooooooooo much-oooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all are always in my prayers. So long for now ~

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment