Sunday, April 5, 2015

March 29 , 2015 - Kennesaw

Every time a transfer rolls around, as a missionary, I wonder if I'm going to have to pack up all of my belongings (basically my life) into a few suitcases and leave. And every time I remember that the things of this world are just that things. Besides some of the belongings that have sentimental value, they are not very important, and I've realized that I don't want to have an excess of objects lying around to be sifted through by those left behind and I don't want to carry around the weight of objects not used. Being a missionary has taught me a lot. I've come to realize that the most important thing I could leave behind is a trail of love, because love really is the answer to everything (as cheesy as that sounds) and that is how I want to live my life.
     This past week has been beautiful. The spring in Georgia is breath-taking and I will send pictures soon! With Spring here and Easter just around the corner this past week has felt like a breath of fresh air. We were able to teach A and have been busy planning for her baptism! We are so excited for her and the decision she has made, despite adversity. Along with the joy that A brings into our lives we experienced an incredible miracle that shows the power of member-missionary work. :) 
     It was about 3:30 in the afternoon on Friday and another lesson had canceled. We were just getting ready to walk to campus from our branch when we saw our Branch Mission Leader walking towards us from campus. We were kind of surprised to see him since the walk takes about 20 minutes, but happy none-the-less. When we met up he said that he wanted to do missionary work and, of course, we obliged. We decided that since we didn't have any lessons we would go contacting with him, but the only glitch was that usually the weekends are not the best time for us to go contacting. Most of the students are usually indoors sleeping/studying and the remainder are back at home. As we walked to campus, inside of my heart I was praying that we would find people to teach and share the gospel with. 
     We contacted for three hours straight and talked to 18 people among whom we taught 3 lessons...which turned into 3 appointments. During those 3 hours we also built the trust that our Branch Mission Leader has in us and the trust we have in him.  It is only because of our combined efforts and faith that we were able to retain and spread the hopeful message of the restored gospel with our brothers and sisters and I am so excited for what lies ahead in the future with member missionary work. As I've been on my mission I've come to realize that we can't fully do this work without the members. I am so grateful to be a missionary; to represent my Savior and I will be forever grateful for the things that I have learned while here. 
     Remember that I love y'all soooooooooooo much-ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y'all are always in my prayers. So long for now ~ Have a blessed week! 

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

P.S. Did you get to see the General Women's Conference?? It was soooo good!!! :D 

#BecauseHeLives

No comments:

Post a Comment