Sunday, April 5, 2015

February 9, 2015 - Kennesaw

This past week we've been pretty busy getting D ready for his baptism and also trying to find new people to teach but it's been a hard week for finding new investigators. We're still working hard though and trusting that the Lord has a plan. Besides teaching and contacting people, unfortunately, not to many exciting things have been happening this week. The only kind of news to share is that I gave a talk this past Sunday on the "why" of missionary work, which of course I will send to ya'll probably by next P-day since I don't have enough time to type it out this P-day. Oh! And we helped out at the Food Pantry again and to answer your questions we help out at the food pantry twice every month and occasionally we help with extra things like what we will be doing this week. We also have the opportunity to help out at Bishop's Storehouse every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. It's really great being able to do this much service! Service really is one of the highlights of being a missionary. In my first area we hardly ever did community service like this and so to be able to serve all the time now makes up for all of the times that we didn't in Lilburn.






Thank you sooo much for the Birthday wishes and the Birthday gifts!! They made my week!! I can tell that you really put a lot of time and thought into the gifts and I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. <3 Also! Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa on their 69th Wedding Anniversary!!! That is so cool!!
     The start of last week was kind of difficult. We contacted a lot of students and received a lot of rejection, a lot of self-criticism came into our minds, and it became down-right hard. Rejection is, of course, normal but what made it difficult this week was that, on top of the multitude of rejection, a lot of students were blatantly rude and mocking towards us. The students at KSU are never like that and so we began to wonder if we did something wrong and if there was something we needed to improve on.
     We came to the conclusion that the way to find out was by reviewing our numbers from the previous transfers in this area. As we compared numbers we realized that we were progressing far more than when my companion began her mission in this area six months ago. We also remembered that we had three beautiful people on date for baptism. 
     That's when it hit us; Satan has been attacking us a lot this past week. He knows the progress we've been making with the Lord's help and he has been trying really hard to bring us down with people and even with our own thoughts. My trainer once said, "Why would Satan go for branches when he can cut down a tree?" 
     That's when we decided, right then and there, that we were not going to let him win. We knelt down on our knees and we asked for our Father in Heaven's help and continued protection. A calm assurance washed over me. Along with that assurance came a knowledge that everything was going to work out. I know that we are being watched over and protected.
     This past Sunday evening we met with one of our investigators and taught him the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong and by the end of the lesson when we invited him to be baptized he full-heartedly said "yes". Now we have four of our dear brothers and sisters on date for baptism. 
     I know that Heavenly Father has a plan. I know that the angels of Heaven are very real and that they do indeed watch over us. I am so grateful to be a part of this great work; to make these things known unto the inhabitants of this world. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior and with His help I can do all things.
     Remember that I love ya'll soooooooooooooo much-ooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll are always in my prayers. I hope ya'll have a blessed week! 

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice


No comments:

Post a Comment