Monday, August 17, 2015

Ausgust 3, 2015 - Web Bridge

Ins't time just crazy?! It flies by so quickly! I love the thoughts that you had, Dad, when you hit your year mark. 
Dad: "During my mission I made up my mind that I would not set back and get trunky the few months before leaving, but instead would work my hardest right up to the end. I know you will do the same."

That's exactly how I've been feeling! Haha I love how even back when you were serving, missionaries used the word "trunky" haha mission lingo is the best haha :) I'm so glad that y'all got the pictures of Sister Jacobs. I love her sooo much!! She was my Sister Training Leader when I first got out and my very first exchange! It was kind of special to be able to see each other almost exactly a year later from when we first met (in fact I would call that moment a tender mercy/miracle). Her friendship has meant so much to me throughout my mission. Out of all the missionaries I've met she is the only one who has kept in contact with me my entire mission. She means a lot to me. :) She's the one in the middle. My companion Sister C is on the left.


Wasn't the soldier day parade soo cute?!! It was so much fun being able to pass out cards, pamphlets, flags, and candy throughout the parade! I hope that when I show y'all around someday that we can come in time for the soldiers day parade! :) 



I love the tomato plant you have - it's growing so well!! i can't wait to start my own little garden someday! I also loved the thought that you shared about blessings. It reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures Ether 12:4 as well as a few others. :) Thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement. :)

This week has felt like almost everything was "go go go". We had a lot of first appointments and although some of them fell through we had really great lessons. Besides that we've been able to get in with a lot of less-actives, which has felt like a huge success because it's been hard to get in with them the past few months. One of the tender mercies Heavenly Father showed us was when we went over to one of the less-active's home. She opened up to us a lot about the struggles they've had and we were able to have a really good discussion afterwards she invited us to come back for dinner a couple days later. While at dinner her husband suggested that we should hold them accountable for reading the Book of Mormon daily and coming to church weekly! My companion and I were both happy to oblige! Afterwards they invited us to come back over in a couple of weeks and this past Sunday they came to church! It was awesome!! As our focus lately has been on less-active work I've been reminded of how important the sacrament is and I've learned the importance of sharing it with others who have forgotten it's importance. I know that the sacrament prepares us individually and renews promised blessings. It makes us better people and provides protection. Those blessings are ones I don't want to live without.
     I love y'all soooooo much-oooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember y'all are always in my prayers. So long for now ~ Have a blessed week!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment