Monday, August 17, 2015

May 17, 2015 - Last of Kennesaw

Thank y'all for all of the pictures you sent!! I love them so much!! Especially the picture of Brownie and the puppy...soooooo cute!!! haha By the way. My week has been good as well, in fact...
     ...drum roll please.......I will be going to Webridge in Alpharetta/Roswell and my new companion's name is Sister C, who is also from California!! I've met her a few times before and I must admit I'm kind of excited to see what the next transfers will bring. :) This week has been crazy!! I found out I was leaving on Wednesday because my companion will be training, and trainers always find out the transfer info early, so I feel really blessed. It's nice being able to prepare for transfers and pack a little bit every here and there instead of leaving all to last minute. Besides getting ready for transfers and what-not I've been saying a lot of "so long for now"s. Let me just say transfers are always a time of reflection and pondering, that's for sure. 
     To answer your questions:
1. I'm feeling loads better, thank goodness I'm not sick anymore!! Thanks for asking. :)
2. I did receive your package and have not been able to try them out yet (but that's only because I got your package today)
3. Answered in #2
4. I just sent home some packages today, so be expecting them in the mail. :)
5. Yes, I took pictures but I won't be able to send them until next P-Day. Will you remind me in y'alls email next week?
6. Yes, we just had a farewell lunch today with Miss D at the Methodist food pantry :)
7. Biking is so much fun and definitely an adventure!!
     Ok! So I don't have too much time left but I wanted to leave y'all with a thought. This past week I received a blessing before the end of transfers from Brother Mason (whom I very much respect and believe will some day be an Apostle, that's how awesome he is) anywhoo.... In my blessing he said something that struck me. He said, "Remember this truth.... God honors those who honor Him." I don't think I need to explain why this struck me so hard, because the truth of this statement is plain, precious, and powerful. Please reflect on this statement and let me know what you think. :)
     Thank y'all so much for the support, love, thoughts, wishes, and more. Y'all have no idea how much it means to me to read from you each week. I love y'all sooooo much-oooooooooooo!!!!! Remember, y'all are  always in my prayers!!

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment