Monday, August 17, 2015

June 21, 2015 - Web Bridge

 I'm so glad that y'alls week has been so eventful and busy! It really is amazing to see the mantle of a missionary and I must say I can most definitely feel it and don't want it to every leave, but I trust in my Father in Heaven and I know He has a plan! I'm soooo sooooo happy that the Provo City Temple will have an open house when I'll be there!!! I'll be looking forward to it!! 
     This week we've seen many blessings/tender mercies/miracles, one of which was with a new investigator named J. One day when we were out following up on a less-active member of the ward we saw a father and his dad out in their driveway working on their car. We decided to go and talk to them and were surprised to see that they greeted us very warmly. The father said that his wife had met with missionaries before and that they couldn't speak at the moment because they were working, but he said that he would go get his wife and we could teach her. He went inside, but instead of bringing his wife out with him he brought his daughter, J and we began teaching her. In the short time that we met with her she really opened up and is seriously the sweetest thing ever! We met her again this week and she accepted the invitation to be baptized! We are really excited for her! 
     P, a recent convert, is being a super awesome missionary this week! One of his friends from back home came to visit him and he wanted us to start teaching her. She also accepted the invitation to be baptized and it was really cool seeing Pedro testify and teach. 
     So this next miracle is probably one of my favorites. We decided to go to S's again to make ourselves known to his parents. Even though I was a little hesitant at first, after prayer we knew we needed to go visit him. So we knocked on the door and Sam opened the door a little surprised to see us. We learned that his parents weren't home again and that the next day he would be leaving for a month long backpacking trip in Washington, Oregon, and then Alaska! When we were finished talking we taught him a little bit and the spirit was very strong, yet again. When we were finished we got in the car and the exact moment S closed the door to his house and we turned on the car was the moment his parents drove right past us into their driveway, not knowing that we had just visited their son. It was crazy!! In that moment, my companion and I, were both very aware that we were on the Lord's errand, which is a very fulfilling feeling. Along with the miracles I shared we also had the opportunity to go to the Temple (Georgia, Atlanta)! It was wonderful and exactly what I needed!! Oh! And I gave another talk at church on Sunday and after church we helped serve pies to the fathers. When all of the fathers had two slices of pie there was enough extra for members to have a slice and guess which pie I chose, in remembrance of you Dad....marion berry (aka marry and berry). Overall, this week has been a good one and I can't wait to see what this new week will bring. 
     I love y'all soooooo much-ooooooo!! Remember y'all are always in my prayers!!

Lots of Love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),
Sister Megan Rice 

My companion Sister C

No comments:

Post a Comment