Monday, August 17, 2015

June 8, 2015 - Web Bridge

Thank y'all for the spiritual thoughts and memories. They mean so much to me. I love that tomatoes are already growing on y'all's plants, that's so exciting! And to answer y'all's question I'm not on a bike anymore so I haven't had to deal with it much.
     This week my email home to you is being written on my new iPad. Yup! You read that right...iPad!! Which also means that I can read emails any day of the week but can only respond on Mondays and that also means that sometime soon we will be on Facebook. Isn't that crazy?! Well at least for me it's crazy to think that soon I'll be a Facebook missionary. It's amazing how useful the iPads are, there's so much power when there's almost unlimited knowledge at your fingertips. I really love all of the scriptures, general conference talks, and so much more that are available by just a touch away. 
     Besides the incredible change I've noticed in the work with iPads we've had some pretty cool miracles recently. So about a week after I had gotten in this area our STLs (sister training leaders) wanted to go on exchange with us and they wanted me to stay in the area... Out of the 10 months that I have been out only 2 of my exchanges have been out of my area, in other words I've only left my area 2 out of 6 times, but I've never had to take over my area after a week after getting there....so let me just say it was a little stressful, but! as usual Heavenly Father really helped me and blessed us. 
     When we were on exchanges we prayed asking that Heavenly Father would bless us to witness miracles and that we would be lead to those whose hearts have been prepared and that they would be lead to us. By the time we had exchanged back we had talked to about 21 new people and among those whom we had talked to we taught and gave a Book of Mormon to 3 of them. It was incredible! What's more is that when we had exchanged back my companion and I yet again prayed for miracles and Heavenly Father blessed us by teaching some really prepared people. One of whom was this really friendly mother of 3. She opened the door and immediately began talking to us. She said that she was really open to learning and as we began to teach her about the Book of Mormon and its witness of Christ, she really excitedly asked if she could have a copy! I've never met someone who so quickly and enthusiastically asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon before and that moment in and of itself was a great blessing to me. I know this is the Lord's work and I know He is aware of our needs and our challenges. 
     Today in my studies I read a really good talk given by President Uchtdorf called "You Matter to Him". In it he said, "The Lord doesn’t care at all if we spend our days working in marble halls or stable stalls. He knows where we are, no matter how humble our circumstances. He will use--in His own way and for His holy purposes--those who incline their hearts to Him. God knows that some of the greatest souls who have ever lived are those who will never appear in the chronicles of history. They are the blessed, humble souls who emulate the Savior’s example and spend the days of their lives doing good." 
     Just think...God; the Creator of both the heavens and the earth, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and all powerful, knows you personally and loves you. That is the beauty of the gospel of Jesus Christ; it is simple. It is as simple as this;  God is our Heavenly Father and He loves us. I testify that these things are true and I do so in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
     I love y'all sooooooooo much-ooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Remember that y'all are always in my prayers. Always. So long for now~ 

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice

No comments:

Post a Comment