Monday, August 17, 2015

June 14, 2015 - Web Bridge

Y'all's email makes me so happy!! There's something about new beginnings, whether that be marriage or returning missionaries, that makes me happy! I love the poster you made Dad, it looks so professional! The quote you sent from Mother Teresa is exactly what I needed to hear, I'm so glad that you sent it! Quotes are one of my favorite things! In fact if I sang my own version of "Some of My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music "inspirational quotes" would be one of the things that makes me feel soo glad! Haha 
     Mom, I love what you learned about the senses! Little treasures of knowledge like that are so intriguing to me, especially when they involve a higher plane of thinking. I can't believe that Matt is almost finished with his mission...that's crazy! There are so many good changes in our family, it's exciting to see! Also, I didn't realize that I was so close to Kenneth and his wife. In fact, I was actually thinking about them recently and wondering what their names were and where they were living, because I had forgotten, so thanks for reminding me and sharing some new news about where they live. I had no idea they lived in the same Ward where Sister Ba and Sister B were serving. I'm glad that they were able to bring comfort to the families of those Sisters, that means a lot to me.
      The beginning of this week was pretty rough, because we're having a hard time finding people to teach. One of the reasons it can be difficult during times when you aren't finding people to teach is because you get thoughts like, "Well maybe I'm not really doing/trying our/my best" (when in reality you and your companion are giving your all), "Are we doing something wrong?", and etc. And when those thoughts come, and they do come...to all of us, that's the time a choice is given; "Will I rise above and move forward or give up and turn back?" What I've learned in my short life is that if I trust in Heavenly Father, despite doubts and concerns, He will provide a way and it will be in His own way and in His own due time. That's something I've seen. 
     Like I said previously, the past couple of weeks have been difficult, not because of our companionship (because I love my companion soooo much!!!), but because of the lack of people to teach. By the time this week began we had two choices; 1. Give in to the negative thoughts or 2. Keep acting and trusting in the faith and hope that He would provide the way. Well, as you can imagine we chose the second option and that's when miracles started to happen. 
     One of my favorite miracles was one that occurred yesterday, when we were out tracting. We met this really respectful young man, named Sam. We began by talking about the Book of Mormon and then the thought came to share a video. I was kind of hesitant about sharing it because it was a longer video, but I knew that the thought to share it had come for a reason so I acted. I remember praying inside of my heart, "Father, I'm taking a leap of faith here, showing this video, please bless us that this leap won't be in vain." When the video was over my companion and I both testified and continued to teach. When we asked Sam what his thoughts were, his response surprised me. He said, "The peace that I feel from you both is something I've never felt before. I want to learn more." As we talked more we learned that he is Jewish and that if his parents had been home we never would have been able to share this message with him. After coming to this realization I felt amazed to have been a part of Heavenly Father's plan.
     Sometimes, before we can witness miracles we must undergo a trial of our faith. In Ether chapter 2 and 3 we learn about the Brother of Jared and his miraculous experience that came only after the trial of his faith. These past few weeks have been the trial of our faith. What made the difference between the outcome was that  we never once stopped praying or reading. We didn't stop acting on our faith. (Another interesting principle to ponder is that during this time of testing we were doing everything we needed to be doing and yet still the difficulty came.) I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us. He loves us and no matter where we are or what we're doing He has a plan for us and I testify of these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
     Thank y'all for y'alls testimonies and thoughts/perspectives. Y'all amaze and inspire me. Remember that y'all are always in my prayers. I love y'all soooooo much-ooooo!!! 

Lots of love (from your favorite Sister Missionary),

Sister Megan Rice 

No comments:

Post a Comment